It has been the quietest off-season ever with very little recruiting news, position group rankings, and legitimate game previews. MgoBoard has very little hype or chatter.
No wonder, nine out of ten writers go a web search and think they know; there is very little actual reporting these days. How often can you repeat the same old recruiting rankings?
When I looked at the MgoBlog position groups I was defected--mostly the same players from a from a dry cupboard. Then I looked here and found the answer: Lots of transfers and huge turnover. And another thing... the OL looks like guys who entered the portal and were then given raises; Evan Link is the student-athlete who would remain in his stance while opposing players sacked the quarterback.
I don't know but it doesn't look good. I mean, in terms of the schedule. There are the four nearly impossible games plus Iowa and Penn State and I wouldn't even count out Minnesota and Michigan State.
Start with quarterback where Underwood has a monopoly and has unimpressed so far and on to receivers and tight ends. The latter two-thirds were terrible awful last year and many are gone. There were games when March disappeared and the others are unproven; the tight ends are clunky and nonathletic with all still there. DL, I just don't see it--unproductive holdovers save possibly for Henry and what happened to the the quick edge guys? The linebackers are mostly new and unheralded, Rod Moore is old news, and I guess Zeke Berry has improved. Special teams is a all new.
I get it. This is what had to happen. And if if I see Warde I will barf.
Of course I'll be watching. More later.
---
Stunning. Don't these people (coaches) have any pride, or is it just a paycheck. Perhaps the assistants enjoy the view from the pressbox. Whittingham on the sideline looked removed and uninvolved. Bad body language and lack of camaraderie all around, not to mention skilled or dominant players.
110,000 and a beautiful night and stadium. These people don't give a shit.
Whittingham was hired in December, 2025; over eight months, they have had.
Penn State and Iowa rolled. Michigan is not even close to Indiana, Ohio State, or Oregon. I understand Whittingham spent the week entertaining Urban Meyer in Schembechler Hall. Three-stars and a bus from Utah are not going to cut it.
Congrats to Western Michigan. They deserved to win.
Later I'll post the after-game press conferences. I love to watch losers squirm.
No comments:
Post a Comment