Saturday, September 5, 2026

2026 Game 1

It has been the quietest off-season ever with very little recruiting news, position group rankings, and legitimate game previews.  MgoBoard has very little hype or chatter.

No wonder, nine out of ten writers go a web search and think they know; there is very little actual reporting these days.  How often can you repeat the same old recruiting rankings?

When I looked at the MgoBlog position groups I was defected--mostly the same players from a from a dry cupboard.  Then I looked here and found the answer:  Lots of transfers and huge turnover.  And another thing...  the OL looks like guys who entered the portal and were then given raises; Evan Link is the student-athlete who would remain in his stance while opposing players sacked the quarterback.

I don't know but it doesn't look good.  I mean, in terms of the schedule.  There are the four nearly impossible games plus Iowa and Penn State and I wouldn't even count out Minnesota and Michigan State.  

Start with quarterback where Underwood has a monopoly and has unimpressed so far and on to receivers and tight ends.  The latter two-thirds were terrible awful last year and many are gone.  There were games when March disappeared and the others are unproven; the tight ends are clunky and nonathletic with all still there.  DL, I just don't see it--unproductive holdovers save possibly for Henry and what happened to the the quick edge guys?  The linebackers are mostly new and unheralded, Rod Moore is old news, and I guess Zeke Berry has improved.  Special teams is a all new.

I get it.  This is what had to happen.  And if if I see Warde I will barf.

Of course I'll be watching.  More later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment