Thursday, September 10, 2026

Game 1, Another Look

 If there is one thing I have written more than anything else it is watch the whole game.  It it so easy to be whacked upside the head and get caught up.  First Kyle Whittingham was excellent, as good as you could do it after the game.   

Then I saw the PFF raitings and said to myself,  is that the same game I watched in real time with an unreliable connection.

Second, he was involved.  Third, the sight of these Mormon guys with Michigan gear is bizarre.

So, contrary to prior belief, these guys are trying and as is usually the case at Michigan, the cupboard is not bare.

To quote an old Frasier episode, the uniforms were incandescent and the stadium never looked better.  110K.  That is where the attitude comes from.  Don't you care about them?  So they fucked up.  And Bryce Underwood always fucks up.  Who cares?

Well, you see, we are spoilt, with a T.  

I looked a couple of time at John Henry Daley and he was double-teamed and ineffective.  I guess that's why he is so good?

God I hate it when he does this and Brian at the Mgoblog says it a lot:  I  don't know.  So I'll just stick with the summary:  the stadium was beautiful and the team was a flop.  The crowd was a little less than enthused buy who could blame them.  A 14-minute drive is pathetic.  Western Michigan played a great game and Hail Mary isn't easy to do either.

Michigan has two problems.  One, the talent level is not there and it is yet to be seen if Whittingham can mend that.  Number two is Bryce Underwood.  I compare that one to Prince Harry, entitlement and that whole saga

Some day I'll look back on the history, quotes, and LSU.  It just wasn't a good situation or precedent right from the start.  Whittingham is a remarkably straight-shooter and very personable guy:  If not, we'll move on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment