Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The 2026 Football Season

This football season is turning out to be one of the most boring in all the years I have had this blog.  It is now one-third over, save for an uninspiring potential bowl game.

It started with Warde Manuel and the management, administrators, or elected regents.  Students, alumni, and employees are priority and they show very support for them/us.

Next is the coaching staff who seem to have no conception of the importance of their roles in serving these customers.  I have strongly supported Kyle Whittingham as a necessary, stable influence, good manager and communicator, and overall personable person.  Now I'm inclined to consider him a wimp.  Described as a hard-nosed disciplinarian, now I see why he has had a relatively unimpressive record as a head coach.  He is not aggressive or dominant or tenacious compared with other top coaches.  The team lacks discipline.  And I seriously dislike this censure attitude--what, assistants and players are not allowed to talk?  I see the whole thing as mediocre and dull.  No pride.  Very little invested.  Just a job.

Last but not least it is awfully tough to get behind a bunch of highly-paid players.  Egos.  Self-congratulatory at every step.  Strictly individual.

It is just lackluster.   

I don't enjoy watching Jordan Marshall get all hyped-up and smash into people going nowhere.  Truth is Bryce Underwood is pretty good, but I am sick of the hype.  The defense, I have no idea who is injured, what the rotation is, or why they cannot stop a 91-yard drive with no time outs.

Iowa was a game Michigan dominated for three quarters.  Fun but incredibly sad fact--if John Henry Daley had not stayed on the turf Michigan would have won.  It just seems directionless.

The instability has taken the fun out of the one thing left, the stadium pride and pageantry and students and fans because they just don't care... enough. Likely it will show on the field this season against better teams that are just plain more motivated.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment