Sunday, January 21, 2024

Jim Harbaugh is a (nice) Pig

I'm watching.

We're all watching.

Yesterday it was two NFL games.  I can't even tell you what teams played.  One was Baltimore, and San Francisco, and Houston or Texas.  The second one the announcers kept saying it is exciting and a great game; it that were true you don't have to say it.  In the first game particularly, the two marquee announcers, and I have never heard such self-promotion.  If we all didn't already know that they are paid by the team and the league, we sure do now.

What a spectacle.  As always it included a lot of players who are the best in the league.  Each and all the coordinators are stars too and head coaches in waiting.  The injured or carted-off players are obligatory too.  I have always thought of John Harbaugh as a dictator; the games featured a big dose of him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Brother Jim was on-hand also.

The self-flagellating announcers know all.  Jim Harbaugh is going to be in the NFL soon.

It doesn't take much to imagine the conversations around games that are always on somewhere.  

"Jim, why are you still dealing with those kids and rules?"  

Man, the NFL is cushy.  In the NFL the head coach is in total charge.  And for Jim Harbaugh, if he wants another chance as he clearly does, now is the time.

I cannot believe what a waste the NFL is.  But today I'll put it on in the background while I type again.  My deceased father loved the Lions.

The parade--I need to find a picture of the parade.  The undisputed, you-won-them-all championship is amazing.  There are those people who traveled to the game and the fanatics in paint and gear.  Michigan followers also include alumni, employees, and just about everyone raised or living in the state.  For many of us the whole thing was fun to watch but sure to fade away rapidly:  most of the team and probably the coach would chose to leave.

I'm now in my sixties and I cannot change the place where I earned my first college degree.

Now I remember, the loudmouth announcers also knew for a fact that Ambry Thomas scored 10 points for the opposing team.  He left quickly and early from Michigan; Covid was perhaps a good reason.  Anyway, I didn't shake an eyelash.

Graduating and perhaps sticking around and maybe improving some football skills are exceptions (I've never heard anyone say they are doing it for a masters degree).  When you are gone you are gone.

Let the justifying and rationalizing begin.  Americans don't like dynasties and the Harbaughs were getting to be too much.  Everyone is replaceable.  It'll be fun to watch the players who are left mature.  Harbaugh was gone in spirit anyway, as evidenced by a lack of results from the portal and in recruiting.  He will be remembered as the who left the cupboard bare.

If I were Michigan I wouldn't give him the contract he reportedly wants.  I need to find that link--I think it is 11 Warriors that called them "delusional."  Actually, I believe it is a sticky issue in contract law in that you cannot have a contract which grants immunity for an illegal or unallowed action; the contract or clause would be void and you are guilty.  I'd call it a "Mel Tucker clause."

The contract rumors and the delay while he interviews is more proof.  Good riddance.

I guarantee you, Jim Harbaugh, you will be forgotten.  And you cannot come back, even though you are doing it in a very nice way of wanting to go to the NFL.


No comments:

Post a Comment